Unit 1: Brown Bag Assignment
IT301- 1: Project Management
Instructor: Jeannie Winchester
July 9, 2013
The presentations will primarily address the nine Project Management Knowledge Areas and the five Project Management Process Groups. This will identifies each area of knowledge in its group. It will also incorporate and elaborate on their relationships, functions and applications. The Nine Project Management Knowledge Areas
* Project Integration Management and it relationships with the Process Management Process Group.
Six Project Integration Management
Project Charter * initiating
| Project Management Plan * planning
| Direct and Managed Project Execution * execution
| Monitor and Control Project Work * monitoring and controlling
| Perform Integrated Change Control * monitoring and controlling
| Close Project or Phase * closing
Note: This shows that initiating is part of project integration management. Without possible discussion, therefore, planning, execution, observing or monitoring and controlling, and closing will never take effect, which are under the process management process group. And that is why it is critical for a project to be negotiated for risks and issues which may arise before development is under way.
* Project Scope Management- defines the work that needs to be accomplished during the entire process by enacting both the product scope and project scope.
* Collect Requirements Planning
* Define Scope Planning * Create WBS Planning * Verify Scope Monitoring and Controlling * Control Scope Monitoring and Controlling
Note: Project Scope Management will not function or produce results, services for product scope with considering project management process group. For the project to produce absolute result, therefore, planning and monitoring and controlling be put into place effectively.
* The Project Time Management- deals with durations, schedule, distribution, monitoring and controlling of project.
* Define Activities Planning * Sequence Activities Planning * Estimate Activity Resources Planning * Estimate Activity Durations Planning * Develop Schedule Planning * Control Schedule Monitoring and Controlling
Note: This process allows the project to be completed in timely manner. It will also regulate time and schedule to follow smoothly till the project is completed. It functions is to estimate the duration of which the project should end. * Project Cost Management- deals with costs and budgets. By figuring out how much project will cost, it is essential that budgeting to be done. Below are characteristics used to determine how costs and budgets would be evenly fit at good costs? * Estimate costs planning
* Determine budget planning
* Control costs monitoring and controlling Note: Although costs, budget, control costs act as the center of the project, therefore, it is essential that project management process group must be include alongside to enable successful completion. * Project Quality Management- also acts as assurance and control in which the project management has successfully established control process that free from defect, unsafe devices and making sure that everything is securely safe and in good condition for better results. * Plan quality Planning
Please join StudyMode to read the full document