1) Name each of the six components of a computer system and indicate the function of each.
1) Primary Storage- Refers to internal memory where data to be processed and stored for access by the CPU 2) Secondary Storage- Needed for any extra storage that can not be held in the primary storage 3) Storage Volume- The actual secondary storage required for captured and archived data in a healthcare enterprise is massive. 4) Physical Security- Complience with regulatory and legal requirements 5) Input Devices- the power of an information system can be realized only when data and programs have been entered for processing and information is generated for the user 6) Output Devices- Is the actual work performed by the computer system is of little value until it is processed in a usable format accessible to the user, such as in a print or a screen image, digitally for additional processing, or in audio or spoken form
2) Give a brief description of three secondary storage media, including advantages and disadvantages?
1) Smart Card which resembles a plastic credit card but has embedded computer chip to store and process information. Advantages- Convenient, good memory capacity
Disadvantages- Requires special reader, easily lost, portable media pose security issues 2) Portable Hard drive is an external hard drive often used to back up data in other storage or to store digital photo graphs, music or movies Advantages- Available in many physical sizes and storage capacities, relatively inexpensive Disadvantages- Portable media pose security issues
3) USB flash drive is a small circuit board encased in mental or plastic that interfaces with the computer via the USB port Advantages- Very small, highly portable storage, inexpensive Disadvantages- Memory cells eventually fail, easily lost, portable media pose security issues
3) How does mobile computing differ from wireless communication?
Mobile Computing refers to the use of portable computing...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document