BM 3614 Professional Selling & Sales Management
Product Features & Benefits Deconstruction
and Creation of a ‘Silent Seller’
You are required to do this assignment if you failed assignment 1
Briefing Sheet for Assignment 1
1. Select any single tangible product OR intangible service of your choice.
2. Secure a brochure or download other product information from the web.
3. Make a list of what you consider to be the most important product features. In this context the ‘cutting & pasting’ of narrative information from your source material is allowed.
4. Link your list of features each with a corresponding benefit to form feature / benefit pairs. This analysis and listing will be captured in a Powerpoint slide (refer to slide templates).
5. Perform a ‘benchmark’ comparison between your selected product and either a named single competitor or with similar competitor products in general. Be sure to provide a clear notation of your selected product’s benchmarking as either ‘o’ (equivalent), ‘+’ (better than), or ‘-‘ (worse than)you comparator. Your benchmarking comparison will also be captured in a Powerpoint slide (refer to slide templates).
Silent Seller Narrative
6. Create a general equivalence statement based on your ‘o’s.
7. Create a specific recommendations statement based on your ‘+’s.
8. Highlight which potential objections have been identified based on your ‘-‘s.
9. Create statement/s as to how you intend to deal with potential objections. Collectively, your silent seller narrative will be captured in a Powerpoint slide (refer to slide templates).
10. Examples of your source material should be submitted along with your Assignment.
So Would I Buy one?
11. The overall level of convincingness of your rationale and recommendation will also be assessed.
12. Marks will be awarded on the following basis:
- Slide 1. Your...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document